'The Rock of Talk' Debate of the Day: Will the Special Session Turn Things Around?
Helicopter money = magic beans?
Michelle Lujan Grisham has called legislators into special session to “to take up a relief package for New Mexicans who have been affected by the economic devastation of the COVID-19 pandemic.”
MLG wants lawmakers to approve:
* $194 million in direct unemployment assistance
* $100 million for a grant program for New Mexico-owned small businesses
* $15 million to provide for emergency housing assistance
* $5 million for emergency food bank services
* $5 million for direct economic assistance to low-income residents